Only use this form if you do
not have an electronic visa record and need evidence of your existing permanent visa. Reasons for needing evidence of your permanent visa include:
- proof of permanent residency for Australian government agencies
- Federal government agencies - such as Services Australia (Centrelink/Medicare), and Department of Jobs, including claims under the Fair Entitlement Guarantee Act
- State and Territory government agencies – such as Births, Deaths and Marriages, Service NSW, Service Victoria
- Local government.
- proof of permanent residency (which can be used as evidence of not being an Australian citizen) for the purpose of obtaining a foreign passport.
- proof of permanent residency for the purpose of purchasing a property, obtaining an employment offer or a bank loan.
Use this form if you meet
all of the below:
- you are a permanent visa holder
- you last entered Australia before 1990
- you do not have an electronic visa record of your permanent visa
- you would like us to create an electronic visa record for you
- you are not applying for a
Resident Return (RRV) visa,
Australian citizenship or being actively managed by another area of the Department.
Before completing this form, please ensure you have read the additional information in:
For the purposes of completing this form, a migrant visas, permanent visas or permanent entry permits before 1990 will be referred to as a ‘permanent visa’.
Do not use this form if you last arrived in Australia
- 1 June 1959 and have not travelled since
- 1990 as a temporary visa/permit holder and were not subsequently granted a permanent visa or a permanent entry permit. This includes if you arrived from New Zealand as exempt non-citizen during that period.
If you fall under either category above and you are not applying for a
Resident Return (RRV) visa or
Australian citizenship or being actively managed by another area of the Department, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can look further into your circumstances.
Do not use this form if you want to get an:
Ensure that you have all of the documents required before completing the form.
Read the instructions in this form carefully.
Questions marked with
* are mandatory.
You will find useful information to help you complete this form on this
HELP page link.