pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends

You have a new passport

​​​​​​You need to tell us when you get a new passport so that we can link it to your visa or application. The quickest way to do this is to update your passport details in your ImmiAccount.

Update Details - ImmiAccount

  • Login to ImmiAccount
  • Use the '+' icon ​next to your visa or citizenship application to expand the application details
  • Select ‘Update details’
  • ​Select 'Change of passport details'
  • Select the applicant
  • Enter the new passport details
  • Enter the reason for the change
  • Select 'Submit'​​

Your passport will be linked to your visa or application within 72 hours.

If you have not used ImmiAccount before you may be able to create a new account, and import your application to use the online change of passport form.

You can import an application into ImmiAccount if: 

  • you have an in-progress paper application or
  • an online application was ​lodged for you by someone else, such as a Migration Agent or Legal Practitioner​.

Refer to Import an application on the department’s website for further information.

If you cannot use ImmiAccount, or your travel document is a Titre de Voyage or Certificate of Identity, you can tell us about your new passport on the online form.

We are phasing out the use of Form 929 - Change of contact and/or passport details form (172KB PDF), for passport updates.You can still use this form, but it will take up to 30 days for us to process your request.​

Processing Times

  • ImmiAccount: 72 hours
  • New Passport Details online form: 14 days
  • ​Form 929: 30 days