You need to tell us when you get a new passport so that we can link it to your visa or application. The quickest way to do this is to update your passport details in your ImmiAccount.
Update Details - ImmiAccount
- Login to ImmiAccount
- Select your application
- Select ‘Edit’ or ‘View details’ to go to your ‘Application home’ screen
- Select ‘Update details’
- Select 'Change of passport details'
- Select the applicant
- Enter the new passport details
- Enter the reason for the change
- Select Submit
We will link your passport to your visa or application within 72 hours.
If you have not used ImmiAccount before you can Create an ImmiAccount. You may then be able to import your application to use the online change of passport form.
You can import an application into ImmiAccount if:
- you have an in-progress paper application or
- an online application was lodged for you by someone else, such as a Migration Agent or Legal Practitioner.
For more information refer to Import an application.
Update Details - Web Form
You need to use the New Passport Details web form if:
- your travel document is a Titre de Voyage or Certificate of Identity document
- you applied for a partner visa and it is not visible in your ImmiAccount
- your application ID on your acknowledgement letter begins with ‘IRIS’.
Do not use this form if you hold an Australian passport. Refer to Return documents.
- ImmiAccount: 72 hours
- New Passport Details web form: 14 days