pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends


​​​​The ImmiCard:

  • helps certain visa holders access government services in Australia
  • is an official travel document that helps eligible visa holders to travel to and enter Australia for the first time

If you last arrived in Australia before 1990 and have not travelled overseas since, refer to the Request an electronic visa record page.

There are two types of ImmiCards.

Evidence of Immigration Status ImmiCard

Evidence of Immigration Status ImmiCard example

If you are in Australia you can apply for an Evidence of Immigration Status ImmiCard if you hold 1 of these visas:

  • Bridging visa E granted to u​nauthorised maritime arrivals (subclass 050 or 051)
  • Bridging (Trafficking) visa (060)
  • Bridging (removal pending) visa (subclass 070)
  • Humanitarian Stay (temporary) visa holders (subclass 449)
  • Temporary Protection visa (subclass 785)
  • Temporary (humanitarian concern) visa (subclass 786)
  • Safe Haven Enterprise visa (subclass 790)
  • Permanent Protection visa (subclass 866)

You can also apply for the Evidence of Immigration Status ImmiCard if you:

  • hold a Document for Travel to Australia (DFTTA) or Visa Evidence Card (PL056) and need to replace it
  • are an undocumented immigration detainee living in the community without a visa—talk with your case manager

Australian Migration Status ImmiCard

Australian Migration Status ImmiCard example

If you are outside Australia and you are a Refugee and Special Humanitarian Programme visa holder, we will issue you an Australian Migration Status ImmiCard before you travel to Australia. Once in Australia you'll be able to use your ImmiCard to access government services.