pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends

​​​​​​​​​​​​​Requesting travel records

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Requesting travel records

You can ask for a record of your specific dates of travel in and out of Australia (movement records) after 1981. See​ how to apply.

Note: For movements before January 1981, you will need to contact the ​National Archives of Australia.

They will not show the countries you travelled to or from.  If you need arrival or departure details for another country (not Australia), you will need to contact the relevant authority in that country.

Your movement records will show:

  • Your departure and arrival dates in and out of Australia from 1981 to now
  • If you were inside or outside of Australia for a certain period of time
  • How many movements (arrivals and departures) are on record for the period covered by the request
  • Name, date of birth, gender, country of birth​​
  • Travel document numbers (i.e the passport number used for travel)
  • Port codes showing the Australian port of arrival or departure
  • Flight or vessel details, such as flight number
  • Visa subclass and expiry date at the time of travel