Letter of support
Australian citizens must obtain a letter of support from the Department of Home Affairs in order to apply for a Work and Holiday visa with any of the following countries:
- San Marino
The Department of Home Affairs issues this letter for no charge. You can request this letter by using the Letter of support request form.
Only Australian citizens can use this form, and you must not have previously taken part in the partner country’s Work and Holiday program.
Your request must include:
- your full name and date of birth
- the name of the Work and Holiday partner country you wish to visit
- your residential address
- scanned colour copies of:
- your valid Australian passport
- one other form of identification with your current residential address (for example, a driver's licence)
- evidence of your tertiary qualifications, a letter from your tertiary institution confirming the level of study, or academic transcripts. A letter confirming enrolment will not be accepted as evidence of tertiary qualifications.
Once you have submitted this form, you will receive a response by email in approximately 10 working days.
Please note that assessment of your visa application is the responsibility of the partner country. A letter of support does not guarantee that a visa will be granted.