Your skills might need to be assessed for the purposes of skilled migration by the relevant assessing authority for the occupation you nominate when you apply for:
- 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme
- 187 – Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
- 189 – Skilled Independent (Points tested stream)
- 190 – Skilled Nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage
- 485 – Temporary Graduate
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional)
The assessment needs to be valid and say you have the relevant skills to support your application.
An assessing authority is an organisation that checks you meet the standards they set. The standards include university or trade qualifications for your occupation.
Assessments are valid until whichever comes first:
- 3 years from their issue date unless a shorter period is listed on the assessment
- the expiry date on the assessment
Assessing authorities cannot provide migration advice or any updates regarding your visa application.
Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 applicants
Only subclass 485 applicants can get a provisional skills assessment.
Getting a skills assessment
Determine if you need to do a skills assessment. For Temporary Skill Shortage visas, check the relevant