Global visa processing times will be updated monthly, providing you with an indicative timeframe for processing applications. Processing times are available for the majority of visa subclasses products, but will exclude a few subclasses such as those closed to new entrants, subject to
capping and queueing, or which have a low volume of applications. Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally.
Processing times are impacted each month by changes in application volumes, seasonal peaks, complex cases, and incomplete applications. Processing times include applications lodged online and by paper. Where available, you should lodge your application online as it helps streamline processing arrangements.
Circumstances that affect processing times
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
How to view processing times
You can view current processing times on the page for specific visa subclasses. You should check regularly to ensure you remain aware of the current processing times for your visa as these may change over time.
To assist in processing, you need to submit a complete application. The checklists provided on
ImmiAccount will assist in making sure you include all required documents in your application.
Visa application processing times
Last updated: 18 March 2020 (for month ending 29 February 2020)