Parent visas - queue release dates and processing times
Queue release dates
As at May 2020, we have released for final processing:
- Contributory Parent visa applications with a queue date up to April 2016
- Parent visa applications with a queue date up to August 2010
- Aged Parent visa applications with a queue date up to May 2012
We only update this information when the latest final processing dates are available.
Once we reach the number of visa places available in the current Migration Program year we will consider any applications that have been queued and released for final processing, but not yet finalised, for a place in a subsequent year.
Contributory Parent, Parent and Aged Parent visa processing times change for a number of reasons, including:
- changes in planning levels
- how many visa applications are submitted
- how many applications are withdrawn or refused
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal remits
- Ministerial Intervention cases
- changes to processing directions
We don't provide processing times for Contributory Parent, Parent, Contributory Aged Parent and Aged Parent visa applications. Applications for these visas are subject to capping and queueing.
However, based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at least 58 months to be released for final processing.
New Parent and Aged Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately 30 years for final processing.