pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)

​​​This visa is for people who have lived, worked and studied in a designated regional area in Australia on a previous, eligible visa. 

With this visa you can:

  • stay permanently
  • work and study anywhere in Australia
  • sponsor eligible relatives for permanently residence 
  • if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
You must:
  • hold an eligible visa
  • have lived for at least 3 years in a designated regional area
  • have had a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least three years while holding your eligible visa
  • both primary and secondary applicants have complied with the conditions of the eligible visa you hold or have held