pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends

Consent documents for children under 18 (Form 1229)

For each child under the age of 18 not travelling with both parents or legal guardians, one of the following must be provided:

  • A court order (or similar) stating you have sole custody of, or responsibility for the child, and the right to determine where the child should live.
  • A letter from each parent or legal guardian not included in the application that gives permission for the child to be in Australia in your care. This letter should include a copy of the non-travelling parent or guardian's personal particulars (biodata) page of their current passport.
  •  A completed and signed Form 1229 Consent to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years.