pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends

Who can help you with your application?

​Only certain people can help you with your visa application.  This help is immigration assist​ance.

What is immigration assistance?

Immigration assistance is when a person uses knowledge of, or experience in, migration procedure to assist with visa applications or other visa matters by:

  • preparing, or helping to prepare a visa application or other document
  • advising about a visa application or visa matter
  • representing in, or preparing for, proceedings before a court or review authority in relation to a visa matter.

If you appoint someone to give you immigration assistance, they must be: