Use this form to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Global Talent Independent (GTI) program.
If eligible, we will provide you an Invitation reference identifier and an Invitation code to lodge a Distinguished Talent (subclass 858) visa application.
Due to COVID-19, we are experiencing significant delays in responding to Expressions of Interest received via this online form. We thank you for your patience and endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.
For more information on the Global Talent Independent program, see Visas for innovation. If you can't find the information you need, contact us.
To be eligible for the Global Talent Independent program, you must:
- have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in one of the following target sectors:
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- demonstrate that you are either:
- likely to earn at or above the Fair Work High Income Threshold (FWHIT), which is currently AUD153,600 per year, or
- are a high-performing recent PhD, Masters or Bachelor with Honours graduate in one of the target sectors