From 21 February 2022, all visa holders who are fully vaccinated for international travel purposes can travel to Australia without a travel exemption. Unvaccinated visa holders will still need to be in an exempt category or hold an individual travel exemption to enter Australia.
The following passport holders can apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app: Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong (SAR of China), Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United States of America. For more information, see our Step by step guide.
The ETA app will be expanded to all ETA-eligible passport holders from April 2022.
If you are unable to use the app, you can apply online through ImmiAccount for another visa that suits your needs. European passport holders may be eligible for an eVisitor (subclass 651).
You cannot apply for an ETA online, or through an agent or airline at this time, unless the application is lodged via the ETA app.
Use this form if you have applied for an ETA and have been asked to provide further information.
We will not respond to incomplete submissions or any other enquiries submitted through this form.
Find out more about the
Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
Before submitting your request.
Only use this form if
all of the following apply. You:
- are outside Australia
- have already applied for an ETA
- have received written notification that your ETA cannot be approved without further information
- want to provide additional information so we can consider whether you are eligible for an ETA.
Find out about another visa that is suitable for your travel needs:
If you have not yet applied for an ETA:
If you have a criminal conviction in any country:
If you will be entering health care or hospital environments:
If you have applied for an ETA but have not received a written notification:
- In most cases, you will be notified of the result of your ETA application immediately. Sometimes there will be a delay (of up to 12 hours) before receiving your notification.
- Check your emails (including your junk mail folder) for your notification from us.
- Check your visa status through the AustralianETA app (if you applied through the app).
- Check the details and status of your ETA in VEVO.
If you have already requested further processing of your ETA application:
- Do not submit another request. We will contact you when your request has been processed.