Australia has strict border measures in place to protect the health of the Australian community. You cannot come to Australia unless you are in an exempt category or you have been granted an individual exemption to the current travel restrictions, and you hold a valid visa. Check updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
Applying for an ETA or requesting further processing of your ETA through this form does not mean you have been considered for or granted an exemption to travel to Australia.
Before you continue with this request, you should check your eligibility for a travel exemption. If appropriate, you can apply for a travel exemption and provide evidence to support your claims.
If you are not granted an exemption, you should not continue with your travel plans, as you will not be permitted to board a flight to Australia even if you hold a visa.
Use this form to contact an Australian Visa Office if you have applied for an ETA and have been asked to provide further information.
Before submitting your request, read the information below.
For more information about the ETA and how to apply, see: Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
After you have applied for an ETA, you should wait for a written notification which will be sent to you by email. In most cases, you will be notified of the result of your ETA application immediately. Sometimes there will be a delay before receiving your notification. The notification will advise you if your ETA:
- has been approved
- cannot be processed or approved without further information
If you have been notified that your ETA cannot be processed or approved without further information:
- You can apply for another visa that is suitable for your travel needs: explore your visa options. European passport holders might be eligible for an eVisitor (subclass 651). There is no service charge for an eVisitor. You can apply online for an eVisitor through ImmiAccount.
- You can use this form to contact an Australian Visa Office and provide information so we can consider whether you are eligible for an ETA. You will need to answer all the questions in this form and attach any supporting documents we ask for.
If you have not yet applied for an ETA:
If you have not yet received your ETA notification:
- Check your emails (including your junk mail folder) for a written notification from us. You may need to wait up to 12 hours after applying to receive your notification.
- Confirm if your application has been approved by checking your visa status through the Australian ETA app (if you applied through the app) or by using the Check an ETA function.
If you have already requested further processing of your ETA application:
- Do not submit another request. We will contact you when your request has been processed.