Australia has strict border measures in place to protect the health of the community.
You cannot apply for an ETA online, or through an agent or an airline at this time. Certain passport holders may be able to apply for an ETA as part of the AustralianETA mobile app pilot. See: I want to apply for a visa
We are prioritising ETA requests from travellers who are exempt from current travel restrictions, or who are travelling within the Safe Travel Zone.
Before you continue with this request, check Covid-19 and the border. You need to understand how travel restrictions, quarantine and other requirements may apply to you.
Use this form to contact an Australian Visa Office if you have applied for an ETA and have been asked to provide further information.
Before submitting your request, read the information below.
For more information about the ETA and how to apply, see:
Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
After you have applied for an ETA, you should wait for a written notification which will be sent to you by email. In most cases, you will be notified of the result of your ETA application immediately. Sometimes there will be a delay before receiving your notification. The notification will advise you if your ETA:
- has been approved
- cannot be processed or approved without further information
If you have been notified that your ETA cannot be processed or approved without further information:
You can apply for another visa that is suitable for your travel needs:
explore your visa options.
- European passport holders might be eligible for an eVisitor (subclass 651). There is no service charge for an eVisitor. You can apply online for an eVisitor through ImmiAccount.
- If you don't want to apply for another visa, you can use this form to contact an Australian Visa Office and provide information so we can consider whether you are eligible for an ETA. You will need to answer all the questions in this form and attach any supporting documents we ask for.
If you have not yet applied for an ETA:
If you have not yet received your ETA notification:
- Check your emails (including your junk mail folder) for a written notification from us. You may need to wait up to 12 hours after applying to receive your notification.
- Confirm if your application has been approved by checking your visa status through the AustralianETA app (if you applied through the app) or by using the
Check an ETA function.
If you have already requested further processing of your ETA application:
- Do not submit another request. We will contact you when your request has been processed.